|Organization||Australian Capital Territory|
|Unit||PUBLIC AUTHORITIES & TERRITORY OWNED CORPORATIONS|
|REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA|
|Location||Level 2, 97 Northbourne Ave, Turner ACT 2612|
|Address||PO Box 362, Dickson ACT 2602|
|Enquiries||(02) 6173 7000|
|Fax||(02) 6173 7001|
|Function||Promoting regional economic development initiatives in the region through: |
1. Marketing local government areas and regions as business locations;
hosting Commonwealth and State initiatives or programs which have as their aim the strengthening of the profile of non-metropolitan regions as business locations or the attraction of skilled labour;
co-hosting initiatives of the NSW Government aimed at attracting investment and developing exports.
encouraging communities to work together to attain the necessary critical mass to be competitive international investment locations.
2. Providing advice to the NSW and ACT Governments on important regional development issues, through the NSW Minister for Regional Development and the ACT Chief Minister.
3. Involving local government and key stakeholders in regional economic development through:
providing advice to Government on local government and key stakeholders economic development initiatives;
encouraging participation of local government and key stakeholders in NSW Government regional economic development forums.
Encouraging collaborative marketing of the region.
4. Providing advice to the NSW and ACT Governments, through the NSW Minister for Regional Development and the ACT Chief Minister, on the development of strategies for regions and communities that can ameliorate the effects of drought and natural disasters
5. Developing local leadership.
6. Championing major investment projects.
7. Promoting key initiatives to improve the region business climate, including infrastructure.
8. Where appropriate, hosting and/or supporting other NSW Government and ACT business related initiatives.
|Source||CMD Senior Officer Directory.|